I'm so excited to be part of Secret Pal 4. It should be a fun few months of being spoiled and spoiling someone else. Here's a few things that will help you get to know me.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do
you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I don't know that I would say I'm a "yarn snob" but I do prefer natural fibers and like nice things. I use some Lion Brand yarns, but prefer if something is nice and soft. I'm not a huge fan of LB Homespun either.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I crochet, but prefer to knit. Crocheting makes my wrist hurt too much.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
No allergies, but I don't like the smell of smoke or heavy perfume.
4. How long have you been knitting?
I learned to knit when I was about 12, crochet before that. I've been doing something with yarn ever since, though I took a short break in college when I didn't make very much.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes. There's a link to it on the left.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like vanilla scented candles, and Yankee Candle Home Sweet Home, but I actually like just about all candles, except for really sweet fruity smells. I prefer unscented bath products.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes, especially chocolate and mint flavored things. Oh, actually, it really doesn't matter what it is as long as it's sweet. :)
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I don't have enough time to do other crafty things, but I'm open to trying just about anything crafty. I love the feeling of finished objects.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I think that my computer can play MP3's and I like just about any music, except for heavy metal and hard core rap.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
I've jumped on the craze for pink and green. Although, this isn't a new thing for me. I've always loved pink and green. In fact, I remember special ordering a pair of pink and green vans when i was a kid. I also like anything in the red and pink family.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married, no kids, no pets. I would have a dog if I could but the landlord has a no pet policy
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Hmmm.... to have a fulfilling life -- with lots of friends and family.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I can't say that I have a favorite.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Can't say I have an obsession, though I've been knitting socks and am interested in trying new sock yarns.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Just about anything - socks, scarves, sweaters.
17. What are you knitting right now?
See my WIP list to the right.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Either one. I have a full set of birch straights that my sister gave me. And I have a set of denise interchangeables. I have 1 pair of addi turbos that I really love, except that this pair seems to be a bit defective. I need to return them.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I really prefer wooden needles, but like my denise plastics, too.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
My mom taught me.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
about 1 year - maybe longer - I try not to remember those UFOs.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Don't really have one
25. What is your favorite holiday?
I like all holidays - but I think my favorite would have to be halloween. it's also my birthday. :)
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really. I'm trying to cut down on my clutter, so collections in general don't fit. I guess my yarn stash would be the closet thing I have to a collection.
If you need any other ideas, let me know.